Hyatt Senior Purchasing Project Manager in CHICAGO, Illinois
- Oversight and accountability of all FF & E assigned purchasing projects.
- Accountability of a team of 3 or 4 project coordinators and managers and general oversight of their FF & E and OES projects.
- Management of Monthly Financial Reports for Construction Team and Construction Finance.
- Establish best practices to ensure highest level of customer/owner satisfaction.
- Resolve vendor/product quality concerns as raised by the properties and by the purchasing staff, escalating as necessary to Senior Vice President of Procurement
- Strengthen relationships between full service A & D and SHG design groups with design and technical specification knowledge.
- Implement project management standard reports for entire team(s) to utilize and distribute to both internal and external customers.
- Lead for RPMG for adding comments and updates to the FF & E supplier database set up by GOC.
- Work with RPMG Director on Oracle Projects enhancements.
- Resourcing of shows, innovative products and services and establishing relationships with FF & E and OES suppliers
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt Core Values
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Minimum 7 years Purchasing experience in a hospitality FF & E procurement environment.
- Works well in a team environment. Will lead a team of 3 to 4 project managers/coordinators.
- Strong management skills with ability to train and execute process improvement plans.
- Liason between Architect and Design team (Full Service), Select Hotel Group (SHG) design team and Rosemont Project Management.
- Self starter/self motivated, can work independently as well as a team player.
- Excel and Microsoft Word skills required. Oracle skills a plus.
- Professional presence and positive attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at the same time
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate best terms and pricing effectively on behalf of assigned RPMG projects.
- Proactive/diligent in resolving problems/concerns.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail in order to manage individual projects.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Understandng of accounting procedures and ability to complile and track a budget and actual expenses.
- Background that included design, purchasing and hotel experience.
- College BS required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel
- Oracle Projects or similar purchasing platform software
- Ability to travel 20%.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Procurement and Purchasing
Req ID: CHI009179