Hyatt Staff Accountant, Managed Cost in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt Hotels Corporation seeks a self-motivated professional accountant to join its Corporate Accounting – Managed Costs team. Responsibilities include general oversight of assigned processes within the Hyatt monthly and quarterly close process. This includes preparation of journal entries, monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations as well as financial statement analytics across Hyatt entities. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the enhancement of internal controls and participating in special projects that incorporate a wide range of accounting exposure.
- Prepare journal entries to allocate expenses to appropriate departments and various funds held for the benefit of the hotel chain
- Prepare monthly journal entries for activity in Hyatt’s branded credit card – HyCard.
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management and external auditors.
- Contribute to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
- Preparation of quarterly external reporting schedules
- Assist with the optimization of accounting procedures and special projects, as required.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and analytics over significant account balances.
- Assist in preparation of various fund standalone audit reports
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate accounting and/or public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree in accounting
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Financial ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008951